Your sump pump is one of those systems you may not remember until you need it—then you hope it’s running as it should. The good news is that the specialists at Levy & Son are here to help whether you need new sump pump installation, repair or replacement for your Dallas home.
Sump pumps can stop working for several of different reasons and we’ve probably experienced it all. So, when your sump pump starts acting strange, give Levy & Son a call to schedule a visit and investigate your issue.
During our visit, we can leave you with various preventive maintenance tips to help ensure your sump pump doesn’t leave you high and dry (or specifically, quite the reverse) when you need it most. Our experts will check your sump pump for appropriate operation and if we see any clue of a possible problem, we’ll alert you immediately and walk through your options.
It is important to take note there are several simple things that you can do to make sure you have your sump pump set up for ideal operation:
- Make sure the pump is plugged in to a ground fault circuit interrupter (GFCI) outlet in case of power surges.
- Ensure the cord is in good shape.
- Be sure the pump is upright and not tipping to one side because it can cause the sump pump to not activate when needed.
- If it’s been some time since your sump pump has run, pour a bucket of water into the pit to make sure the pump starts and the water drains quickly.
- When it’s going to be dry, pull out the sump pump and clean the grate on the bottom as it can draw small stones into the grate over time.
- Make sure the vent hole in the discharge pipe is unclogged.
Because your sump pump is essentially a type of insurance to protect your home and your belongings from what can be devastating water damage, look to the experts at Levy & Son to help ensure yours is doing its job. We’ve got the experience and expertise you need, whether you need sump pump repair or sump pump replacement. Give us a call at 469-250-0932
or request an appointment online.