Expert Sump Pump Repair and Replacement in Dallas
You probably don’t think about your sump pump until it rains hard. Then you hope it’s running properly so your Dallas basement doesn’t flood.
Sump pumps can cease running for several numerous reasons.
We’ve seen it all. If your pump isn’t draining properly, get in touch with the Experts at Levy & Son Service Experts to fix the problem.
We’ll examine your pump during our visit and offer preventive maintenance advice, so it won’t quit when you need it most.
Common Causes of Sump Pump Failure
Sump pumps can quit running for a couple of different reasons:
- Power interruption
- Insufficient maintenance
- Wrong unit size
- Incorrect installation
- Switch trouble
- Frozen or blocked discharge lines
- Age (average life span is 10 years)
Sump Pump Maintenance Checklist
There are a few easy things you can do to verify your sump pump is set up for efficiency.
- Make sure the cord is in decent shape.
- Plug it into a GFCI outlet in anticipation of power surges.
- Verify the pump is straight and not leaning to one side, since this can lead the pump to not activate when needed.
- If it’s been awhile since the pump has run, pour a bucket of water into the pit to make sure the pump turns on and drains the water efficiently.
- During dry weather, pull out the sump pump and clean the grate on the bottom since it can draw small stones into the grate over time.
- Check the discharge pipe’s vent hole isn’t plugged.
Trust Levy & Son Service Experts for Your Sump Pump Needs
Because your sump pump is a method of security to defend your home from water damage, trust the Experts at Levy & Son Service Experts to ensure yours is taking care of business.
We’ve got the skill—whether you need sump pump repair or sump pump replacement. Plus, all of our services are supported by a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for a year.* Talk with us at 469-250-0932 or schedule an appointment online.