According to the Insurance Institute for Business and Home Safety, more than 50 percent of drain system failures are caused by sewer backups. The average cost of sewer drain overflows or corroded drain pipes and loose connections is $4,400. Levy & Son can help by certifying you have a backflow assembly installed to avoid sewer backups. Plenty of homeowners in Dallas don’t realize they are accountable for the maintenance and repair of the pipeline between their city’s sanitary sewer main and their home, called the “sewer lateral.” At Levy & Son, our plumbers and technicians have the knowledge, training and aptitude to take care of everything and anything related to sewer service and sewer inspection.
Popular Causes of Sewer Backup
- Back-ups in the city’s sanitary main
- Tree roots that grow into sewer lines
No matter what is causing your sewer to fail or backup, don’t hesitate to contact us at 469-250-0932
the moment you suspect a problem to evade as much, maybe pricey, damage to your house and plumbing system as possible.
How to Prevent a Sewer Line Backup
- Be certain you are discarding garbage properly.
- Discarding grease down your drain will cause a buildup in the line and turn into a clog.
- Disposing of any paper objects except toilet paper (including feminine products and paper towels) in the toilet can create a backup.
- Have Levy & Son install and oversee a backwater prevention valve to prevent sewer backflows.
- Ask Levy & Son to check for illegal plumbing connections and correct them if found. It is illegal to connect French drains, sump pumps and other flood-control systems to your sanitary sewer. Not only that, but it will ultimately clog your line with debris and silt.
- To prevent tree roots from hindering your lines, have your line and tap replaced with plastic pipe.
Call Levy & Son today at 469-250-0932
or request an appointment online and let us do the dirty work of sewer services for you. We offer quality equipment choices, knowledge and expert service for all your plumbing needs 24/7/365.