What is carbon monoxide?

Carbon monoxide (CO) is an invisible, odorless and tasteless gas. It’s created by partial fuel combustion often caused by a lack of oxygen. In your home, appliances that use natural gas, charcoal, wood or kerosene are at risk. Especially if they are not working accurately or have been installed incorrectly.

Vehicle exhaust fumes from neighboring garages, as well as poorly operating fireplaces may also be a carbon monoxide source. CO is toxic to the body and is fatal at high levels or with prolonged exposure.