Preventing it from happening is the most critical step. Taking appropriate safety precautions will reduce your chances of carbon monoxide poisoning in Dallas.
Here are a couple steps you can take to keep your family protected:
- Warm up your car outside your garage. Cars are a large source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so do not leave yours on in the confined space of a garage. The same applies for gas equipment such as lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t operate ovens or grills for heat. These appliances are safe when used correctly but can make carbon monoxide when used for an extended period of time in little spaces.
- Don’t use a gas generator indoors, as it creates fumes.
- Have your chimney checked by a specialist. This ensures chimneys and vents aren’t blocked and connected properly.
- Verify gas appliances are working accurately, particularly your heater. You can ensure efficient, safe heating by booking regular furnace maintenance with Levy & Son Service Experts.