Preventing it from happening is the most critical step. Taking appropriate safety precautions will lower your likelihood of carbon monoxide poisoning in Dallas.
Here are a couple steps you can take to keep your family protected:
- Warm up your car outside your garage. Cars are a significant source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so do not leave yours on in the confined space of a garage. The same applies for gas equipment including lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t run ovens or grills for heat. These appliances are safe when used right but can make carbon monoxide when used for an extensive period of time in small spaces.
- Don’t use a gas generator indoors, because it creates fumes.
- Have your chimney checked by a specialist. This ensures chimneys and vents aren’t blocked and connected properly.
- Check gas appliances are working correctly, especially your heating system. You can ensure efficient, safe operation by requesting regular furnace maintenance with Levy & Son Service Experts.