Your heating and cooling system is the key to a comfortable home and healthy indoor air. The furnace and air conditioner work around the clock in the background, heating, cooling, managing the humidity and filtering your home's indoor air. Lots of homeowners take these features for granted until they’re forced to do without them. If your AC has ever broken down on a scorching summer day, or the furnace can't generate enough heat during a blizzard, you understand what this is like firsthand.
No homeowner wants to deal with urgent repairs, higher energy bills or inconsistent home comfort. What if you had a way to ensure a constant supply of clean, climate controlled air when you need it most?
That’s where preventive HVAC maintenance comes in handy. Like receiving an oil change for your car, regularly scheduled tune-ups are essential for keeping your HVAC system in good shape. And to get every benefit from each maintenance visit, you should consider signing up for an HVAC maintenance contract.
This plan is an arrangement between you and a trusted HVAC contractor. Participation takes the uncertainty out of HVAC service by providing routine maintenance, savings on repair work between scheduled visits and other advantages. An HVAC maintenance contract is not required to schedule tune-ups with Levy & Son Service Experts, but we highly recommend signing up. Here are six reasons why.
1. Built-In Reminders to Schedule HVAC Maintenance
Life gets busier, so it’s easy to forget about requesting furnace maintenance in the fall and air conditioning maintenance in the spring. With an HVAC membership, you’ll get scheduled reminders to get an appointment on your calendar. If you’re unsure of why HVAC maintenance is so important, check out these benefits:
- Reveal small problems right away: Issues with your heating and cooling tend to develop gradually. When a technician checks the internal components each year, it’s possible to find and resolve small problems before they turn into big headaches.
- Lower the risk of equipment failures: By securing that loose fan belt and balancing the off-kilter blower motor during a maintenance visit, the likelihood of a sudden breakdown goes down.
- Saving on repair costs: Planned HVAC maintenance is an affordable, expected cost that minimizes the need for numerous major repairs.
- Improve energy efficiency: The Department of Energy estimates that yearly maintenance can boost HVAC efficiency by up to 30%, bringing down your heating and cooling bills simultaneously.
- Increase home comfort: When your HVAC system functions the way it should, airflow improves for consistent temperatures and more balanced humidity throughout the house.
- Prolong the system’s life span: A clean, tuned-up, well-lubricated HVAC system can live years longer than a neglected one, saving you on untimely replacement costs.
- Guarantee safety: An equipment and safety inspection during every visit offers peace of mind that your heating and cooling system is running safely.
- Adhere to your warranty: The bulk of HVAC manufacturers prioritize preventive maintenance to such a degree that they necessitate yearly tune-ups to keep your warranty in good standing. Investing a little in maintenance now protects you from costly repairs that your warranty would otherwise cover.
2. Priority Service
Having an HVAC maintenance contract puts you at the front of the line when you schedule an emergency repair. You can often anticipate same-day service—even during nights, weekends and holidays—thanks to 24/7/365 guaranteed priority service for members.
3. Priority Install
Thinking about replacing your heating and cooling system? An HVAC maintenance plan allows access to the quickest installs possible, even during the busiest times of year.
4. Marked Down Repairs and Services
Preventive maintenance decreases the need for repair work, but if your system needs some TLC, having an HVAC maintenance agreement entitles you to a 15% discount. You’ll also enjoy 15% off indoor air quality products, such as pleated filters, whole-house humidifiers and charged media air cleaners.
5. No Trip Charge
HVAC repairs are in some cases unavoidable, but they can get costly fast. Luckily, with an HVAC membership, you’ll never be expected to pay trip charges or overtime fees, even for emergency and after-hour appointments.
6. Repair Guarantee
How can you ensure the technician has completed a job well done? Put your mind at ease with a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all repairs and installations for one year. If the results leave you disappointed, your technician will return to make things right.
Enroll in an HVAC Maintenance Contract
Levy & Son Service Experts offers three HVAC membership levels: Priority+™, Maintenance+™ and the Service Experts Advantage™ Program. Consider what each plan offers and get in touch with our staff to help you choose the best plan for your needs and budget. We’re happy to address any questions you have before enrolling. For more info about our HVAC maintenance contracts or to schedule a tune-up, please contact your local Levy & Son Service Experts office today.