The Importance of Home Water Filtration and Purification
When you use the faucet on your kitchen or bathroom sink, you expect clean, safe water to flow out. But even if your water appears clear, it might still contain toxic chemicals that present a risk to your family’s health and safety. Many people don't like the taste of contaminated tap water and recognize the risk of drinking it. That’s why half of all American homes use either a home water treatment system (32 percent) or bottled water (18 percent) to make sure they have healthy drinking water on hand.
If you want to protect your family’s health, you may first opt for going the bottled water route. Unfortunately, this gets costly almost immediately. Additionally, plastic water bottles that aren't recycled end up contaminating the world’s waterways, disrupting the environment and killing marine life.
Installing a whole-house water filtration system is more cost-effective and cleaner for the environment than buying bottled water. It can also provide healthier water more conveniently because you can get it right from the tap. In addition, whole-house systems send purified water to your showers, tubs and plumbing fixtures, allowing you to capitalize on the benefits anywhere you use water at home.
Before putting in a whole-house water filter, find out what’s in your water supply and how a Filtermax™ Superior Chemical Removal Filter can filter out unhealthy contaminants. Then, choose Levy & Son Service Experts to help you choose and install the ideal water filter for you.
What’s in Your Drinking Water?
Water quality may differ by location, but a few of the most common contaminants include:
- Heavy metals
- Industrial chemicals
- Disinfection byproducts (DBPs)
Learn what may be in your home's tap water by entering your ZIP Code into the Environmental Working Group’s drinking water quality database. EWG files show that over 80 percent of utility water supplies in North America tested positive for carcinogenic chemicals, demonstrating that regulated water quality levels aren't necessarily safe.
Try Installing a Filtermax Water Filtration System
The Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter traps dirt, debris and dangerous chemicals from your faucets, supplying you and your family with safe, sparkling water to drink. Here are the benefits of this system:
- Sediment filtration: Cloudiness is a common sign of sediment in your drinking water. Consisting of silt, sand, rust or clay, sediment is abundant and increases in the water main following heavy rains. While generally harmless, sediment makes your drinking water look and taste unpleasant. Filtermax includes sediment filtration to filter out solids from your drinking water.
- Chlorine removal: Chlorine is vital to clean drinking water in urban environments like cities. Unfortunately, this disinfectant also adds harmful chemical byproducts when it mixes with naturally occurring organic and inorganic substances in the water. A few DPBs, including trihalomethanes (THMs), are shown to cause cancer. Filtermax removes these carcinogens to protect your family.
- Safer, cleaner, better-tasting water: Ensuring safe tap water is the objective of installing any water filtration system. Besides being healthier for your family to enjoy, filtered water also smells, tastes and looks better. No more lasting metallic or musty scents. No more earthy or chlorine flavor. No more murky water swirling around your kitchen sink. Just clean-tasting, odorless, crystal-clear water.
- Filtered water at every tap: Toxic chemicals don’t just impact you when ingested—they also absorb into your skin when you shower and cling to your clothing and dishes when you clean them. That’s why a whole-house filtration system is so beneficial because it guarantees clean water from every tap.
- No operating expenses or water going to waste: Some whole-house filtration systems add to your electric bills. Others add to your water bills with automatic backwashing and flushing. Filtermax demonstrates that healthy water doesn’t have to bring bigger utility costs.
- Flow-through distributor: Based on your plumbing system’s structure, you could need an upflow or downflow water filter. The Filtermax™ flow-through distributor contains both designs to accommodate your needs.
- 20-year manufacturer warranty: This is the best warranty in the water treatment equipment industry! With this coverage, you have certainty your investment will carry on providing clean, quality drinking water for many years to come.
Install a Whole-House Water Filter in Your Home
At Levy & Son Service Experts, we install multiple types of water filtration systems from Excalibur, like the Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter. Whether you’re trying to decrease water hardness, filter out bacteria or take care of dangerous chemicals, you’ll find the best system for you from Excalibur. Installation is quick, easy and supported by our 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. Get in contact with your local Levy & Son Service Experts office for help picking out a water filtration system that suits your needs and budget.