Air conditioners don’t run for a lifetime, no matter the brand or quality. If you’re getting ready for air conditioning replacement in Dallas, you may be wondering—should you also book furnace replacement too? It varies based on your situation.
Here are a few things to think about, as well as the benefits of staying away from a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Points to Ask When Considering Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are the top questions to answer prior to making your decision:
- When was your furnace installed? Furnaces can last up to 20 years, while air conditioners run for about 15 years. If your furnace is over a 15 years old, plan to replace it along with your air conditioner. If it was installed earlier than this, you can likely delay it.
- What type of air conditioner are you getting? Many homeowners are getting rid of their outdated, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed styles. This saves energy and enhances comfort by working at several speeds. Air conditioners rely on the furnace blower to move air. So, if you have a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to get a new one to enjoy the full comfort and advantages of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace provide the correct air flow? Your furnace needs to circulate the proper amount of air to keep your residence the right temperature. A modern air conditioner may call for a different indoor coil. So, it’s important your furnace is appropriately sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, for instance one from Levy & Son Service Experts, can estimate that static pressure of your system and provide the correct advice.
- Is the installation tricky? You’ll make it easier on your technician and your budget if you install both units simultaneously.
Why You Should Install a New Furnace and Air Conditioner at the Same Time
If your furnace and air conditioner match and are properly sized, there aren’t often any big imminent drawbacks. A mismatched setup is typically temporary until the other system goes out. You can circumvent the short-term fix by replacing your furnace and air conditioner simultaneously. And, you’ll get these perks:
- Enhanced efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll ensure everything operates at the highest efficiency, making your home comfier and decreasing your annual heating and cooling bills.
- Fewer HVAC repairs: If you buy a new AC but keep the old furnace, you never know when it may stop working for good. In the interim, you’ll fork over for repairs that could have covered a modern furnace.
- Likely discounts: You can pay less for labor by having both installed during the same appointment. And you may even qualify for an exclusive deal as you’re buying new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to get rid of your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, call Levy & Son Service Experts. We understand the cost of replacing your entire system may concern you, so we’ll make your investment affordable through special offers or our worry-free Advantage Program™. You can enjoy a new, high-efficiency unit at no money down and just one low monthly price. And all maintenance and repairs in the future are included!*
Rest assured that our team is thoroughly trained, experienced and NATE-certified to guarantee a job done correctly the first time. Plus, we give you a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 469-250-0932 to get an HVAC installation estimate today!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.