Air conditioners don’t work for a lifetime, no matter the brand or quality. If you’re getting ready for air conditioning replacement in Dallas, you may be wondering—should you also book furnace replacement too? It differs based on your situation.
Here are a few things to think over, as well as the benefits of staying away from a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Things to Ask When Considering Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are the top questions to answer prior to making your decision:
- When was your furnace installed? Furnaces can last up to 20 years, while air conditioners work for about 15 years. If your furnace is over a 15 years old, plan to replace it along with your air conditioner. If it’s much less than 15 years old than this, you can likely delay it.
- What type of air conditioner are you getting? Many homeowners are getting rid of their dated, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed upgrades. This saves energy and enhances comfort by working at several speeds. Air conditioners rely on the furnace blower to move air. So, if you have a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to get a new one to enjoy the full comfort and perks of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace provide the right air flow? Your furnace needs to circulate the proper amount of air to keep your residence the right temperature. A modern air conditioner may need a different indoor coil. So, it’s essential your furnace is appropriately sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, such as one from Levy & Son Service Experts, can estimate that static pressure of your system and provide the proper advice.
- Is the installation difficult? You’ll make it easier on your technician and your budget if you install both units together.
Why You Should Install a New Furnace and Air Conditioner at the Same Time
If your furnace and air conditioner match and are properly sized, there aren’t often any big imminent drawbacks. A mismatched setup is often temporary until the other system goes out. You can circumvent the short-term repair by replacing your furnace and air conditioner at the same time. And, you’ll get these perks:
- Enhanced efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll ensure everything operates at peak efficiency, making your home cozier and decreasing your annual utility bills.
- Fewer HVAC repairs: If you buy a new AC but keep the old furnace, you never know when it could stop working for good. Meanwhile, you’ll fork over for repairs that could have covered a modern furnace.
- Likely discounts: You can spend less on labor by having both installed during the same appointment. And you could even be eligible for an exclusive deal since you’re buying new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to get rid of your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, call Levy & Son Service Experts. We understand the cost of replacing your complete system may concern you, so we’ll make your investment affordable through special offers or our worry-free Advantage Program™. You can enjoy a new, high-efficiency unit at no money down and just one low monthly price. And all maintenance and repairs in the future are included!*
Rest assured that our team is completely trained, experienced and NATE-certified to provide a job done right the first time. Plus, we give you a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 469-250-0932 to get an HVAC installation estimate today!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.