Imagine it’s a scorching hot summer day, and your air conditioner quits out of the blue. You make phone calls for emergency AC repair, but the temperature keeps getting hotter and hotter while you wait for an HVAC specialist to arrive. Talk about a nightmare!
Routine air conditioner maintenance is an essential tool in preventing this scenario. But what are the signs that it’s time for a tune-up? And, is it really worth setting up an appointment if your air conditioner doesn’t seem like it has any problems at all? Find out why taking a proactive approach is the answer to keeping you and your AC unit easily producing cool air even on the hottest days.
How Often Should You Service Your AC?
To keep your air conditioner operating efficiently, HVAC specialists highly recommend servicing it no less than once per year. Annual cooling maintenance ensures your AC unit remains in optimal condition, preventing potential issues and increasing its life span.
As for what time to schedule air conditioner maintenance, spring is the best season. This enables you to identify and repair developing issues before the summer heat arrives, ensuring your system runs smoothly throughout the whole summer.
However, if spring is already in the rearview mirror, and you didn't have time to schedule AC service, don’t wait another year. When it comes to maximizing cooling abilities in your AC unit with preventive maintenance, it’s better late than never.
What Does AC Service Involve?
An air conditioning tune-up is a comprehensive process involving various steps. This is why DIY repair is not advisable. Here are some key aspects of the work you can expect to be done during a routine service call:
- Detailed inspection: The technician carefully looks through your air conditioner for potential problems53 or areas requiring attention.
- Cleaning: The technician uses specialized tools and proven techniques to clean the condenser coil, evaporator coil, condensate drain line and other elements to ensure your system runs efficiently.
- Lubrication and tightening: Moving parts are lubricated to reduce friction and prevent wear and tear. Then, electrical connections are tightened to encourage safe equipment operation.
- Filter replacement: Changing the filter improves air quality and helps the unit run more effectively. HVAC professionals advise doing this in your own system every few months to maintain proper airflow.
- System test: Before deeming the job complete, your service Expert will run a test cycle to make sure the system starts, operates and shuts down appropriately.
Benefits of Routine Air Conditioner Service
Many property owners ask themselves if routine maintenance is worth the investment. The fact is, regular air conditioner tune-ups help achieve better performance and home comfort. Some key benefits include:
- Increased energy efficiency: A well-maintained AC unit needs less electricity to keep your home cool, resulting in lower utility bills and a smaller carbon footprint.
- Lower repair costs: It’s simple to spot potential issues early when a technician carefully inspects your AC unit every spring. A relatively small repair, like replacing a fraying fan belt, helps you avoid expensive and inconvenient breakdowns down the road.
- Higher air quality: A clean AC system leads to better air circulation and fewer airborne allergens for a healthier living environment.
- Extended equipment life: Like getting routine oil changes to help your car drive longer, regular AC service extends the life of your air conditioning system, saving you on untimely replacement expenses.
How Much Does AC Service Cost?
Preventive maintenance isn’t a free service, but you should see it as an investment, not an expense expenditure. After all, regular servicing helps you save on utility costs, emergency repairs or the expense of having to buy a new AC when your unit should have many more years of operation left in it.
To maximize your savings, give some thought to signing up for a maintenance plan from Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning. For just one low monthly fee, you’ll reduce the risk of breakdowns and improve energy efficiency for continuous savings. Choose from three different plans to suit your needs and budget. You’ll get several perks no matter which one you choose, including:
- Regular tune-ups: Our maintenance plans come with annual AC tune-ups, ensuring your system stays in peak condition.
- Priority service: Members go to the front of the line when setting up appointments, even during high call volumes.
- Discounts: Save 15% on repairs and services, and extra discounts on new equipment.
- Repair guarantee: For your peace of mind, we guarantee the quality of our repairs for one year.
Schedule Air Conditioner Service in North America
Certainly, regular AC maintenance is crucial for enhancing performance and delivering home comfort. Schedule your annual visit, if at all possible in the spring, to avoid breakdowns and appreciate numerous other benefits of a well-maintained air conditioner.
As for choosing a company to perform the work, Service Experts has long been the top choice, with skilled Experts, comprehensive maintenance plans and a laser-sharp focus on customer satisfaction. Trust your air conditioner maintenance to the Experts, and you’ll keep your property cool and comfortable all year long. To learn more or arrange your next AC tune-up, please contact a Service Experts office near you today.