How Do You Look for Carbon Monoxide?

There are a multitude of vapors that could be within your Dallas residence. Natural gas and fumes that derive from residential furniture, carpeting and paints. Not one of these fumes are as dangerous as carbon monoxide.

Get in touch with Levy & Son Service Experts at 469-250-0932 today to get started defending your home against this harmful gas.

Why is Carbon Monoxide so Toxic?

Carbon monoxide could be a serious issue, so it’s not a situation to mess around with.

1. You Can’t Smell It

Carbon monoxide is life-threatening because you aren’t able to view it, smell it with your nose or detect it with your taste buds. It doesn’t cause irritation in little doses and can’t be filtrated.

2. It Can Be Deadly After Only Minutes

Carbon monoxide is a byproduct of spent fuel. It can creep into your residence during the heating season if the heat exchanger on your gas furnace fails. Based on how considerable the leak is and the ventilation in a home, carbon monoxide could become fatal in within minutes.

Once breathed in, it has a half-life of around five hours. If you are inhaling clean air, it requires five hours to get it out of your system. It will take another five hours to reduce that level by half.

3. Carbon Monoxide Reaction Can Mimic Other Illnesses

Carbon monoxide may also cause illnesses that can be confused with the flu, viral infections and chronic fatigue syndrome, among other illnesses.

How to Protect Your Home from Carbon Monoxide

There’s no point to gamble with carbon monoxide poisoning.

Here are several ways you can complete to keep your residence safe:

  1. Your house with at least one fuel-burning heater, adjoined garage or fireplace needs to have a carbon monoxide detector. It’s necessary to have an alarm on every level of your residence, in addition to the basement and garage. You also need to install one inside or outside of every bedroom. Don’t use a carbon monoxide detector in your house?
    Call Levy & Son Service Experts at 469-250-0932 to purchase one. Ask our techs about our reasonable Wi-Fi carbon monoxide alarms.
  2. If you already have a carbon monoxide detector, regularly look at or put in new batteries. You should look at batteries every three months, and replace the alarm every three to five years.
  3. If your carbon monoxide sensor goes off, get out of your residence right away and dial 911.

Keep Your Family Safe with Assistance from Levy & Son Service Experts

Carbon monoxide doesn’t have to be terrifying, and with the right precautions your home can be safe from the dangerous gas. Take the necessary steps and call Levy & Son Service Experts at 469-250-0932 to learn more.