It’s frigid out there. Most of the country is layering up for some below freezing temps. And while the Experts are always prepared to help, have a few HVAC and plumbing honey-dos to help you avoid those cold weather emergencies.
- Disconnect those exterior water faucets.
- Make sure you insulate exposed pipes and outdoor fixtures.
- A slow drip in indoor sinks by outer walls can keep pipes from freezing.
- Open up cabinets under sinks to keep warm air flowing around pipes.
- Maintain an indoor temperature of at least 68 degrees (and warmer if possible).
- Get those home heaters ready by checking them for proper operation.
- If you’ve got vents shut in unused rooms, make sure you open them up.
- If your furnace is not functional, contact the Experts for heating repairs or consider a new furnace install.
- Last but not least, give your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors a quick test.
Follow these easy tips to keep your HVAC and plumbing warm and working. Then make yourself some hot cocoa. And, as always, Levy & Son Service Experts is here for you. If you’ve got questions, concerns or problems, don’t hesitate to call.