There are a number of fun things to do in the fall, especially in Dallas. But, there’s also that long list of must-do’s before the cold weather comes. Although the outdoor yard work and home improvements are likely at the top of your list, there’s at least one indoor job you should consider taking on early: getting your furnace service and tune-up appointment set up.
The team at Levy & Son Service Experts recommend that furnace service and maintenance be performed at least annually so you can hopefully prevent a breakdown in the peak of winter, when the furnace is needed most. There are a number of benefits to getting it performed before the cold and crisp weather comes to Dallas, too. Check out some of the top benefits of furnace service:
- Helps maintain your heating system’s energy efficiency. Regular maintenance can help make certain that your furnace runs at its highest efficiency throughout the coldest months of the year, helping you save on your heating bill.
- Ensures your furnace is in its best shape. From checking airflow to full multi-point inspections, you can be certain your furnace is ready to get you through whatever Mother Nature decides to throw at Dallas this season.
- Lowers the chances of breakdowns. Just about the last thing you want to take place on a cold winter day is have your furnace quit running, especially when heating companies are limited in their capacity for new customers. A furnace service appointment now will allow the technician to find potential problems and solve them before they happen.
- Helps keep your home safe. All furnaces burn some type of fuel to produce heat, and cracks and leaks around the fuel area could compromise your family’s safety. Inspecting the heat exchanger, gas burner and gas valve calibration are crucial to keeping your home safe through the cooler months.
- Keeps your warranty valid. Many manufacturers require that you have at least one furnace service appointment per year in order to fulfill your warranty, so getting regular maintenance done can save you money if larger problems occur later.
Taking proper care of your furnace has plenty of additional benefits, and getting furnace service done annually is just the first step. It’ll help keep your home comfortable throughout the cold season and save you time later because you’re less likely to need extra service, maintenance or repairs in the middle of winter when heating and cooling companies like Levy & Son Service Experts are at their busiest.
If you have any questions about furnace service or a tune-up in Dallas, give us a call at 469-250-0932 or schedule an appointment with Levy & Son Service Experts through our online scheduler.