Planning yearly AC maintenance is worth the effort.
Tune-ups keep your air conditioner system in Dallas working at its best performance while keeping electricity usage small. It also could even help prolong its life span.
While there are several jobs you can finish by yourself, you should call the Experts, like the ones at Levy & Son Service Experts, for AC inspections and maintenance.
Here are a couple steps you can complete on your own as you prep for summer.
Get Your AC Service Scheduled
Spring is a time of revival, and to many that involves a hefty amount of house, garage and yard freshening. With the hotter weather right around the corner, it’s also a great idea to add AC service on that listing.
Spring is the perfect time of year to get your air conditioning equipment scrubbed and inspected. Delaying to turn it on until the first sweltering day of the season can be risky. If you have to schedule repair or replacement, you might be waiting days for a technician. And that might turn extremely uncomfortable.
And for people with allergies, being ahead of the game with a freshened cooling system will help provide the finest indoor air quality when it’s pollen season.
Additionally, air conditioning upkeep may be required for your unit’s manufacturer warranty or any other extended warranty.
Can I Do a Tune-Up Alone?
There are methods that you can take to help keep your AC system in the ultimate state:
- Replace your air filter. Clogged filters block airflow and could reduce your unit’s efficiency. While replacement frequency depends on the kind you have, the U.S. Department of Energy suggests each month or two. This is very important if you have been diagnosed with allergies or have a cat in your residence.
- Lawn work by the outside condenser. Ensure the area is free of grass, weeds or bushes near your AC system. We recommend keeping 2–3 feet of open space. You should also remove any leaves or twigs that have dropped into your system, because this may block airflow.
Let the Experts Take Care of the Rest
What’s left to do? If you call Levy & Son Service Experts at 469-250-0932, the first thing we may do is compliment you for all the steps you’ve already completed. Then our pros get down to the nitty gritty. We’ll check your system and make sure it’s working like it should with these steps:
- Tightening electrical connections to deliver reliable cooling.
- Lubrication to keep moving components working smoothly and potentially skip problems.
- Flushing the condensate drain line to eliminate leak-creating mold and clogs.
- Aligning coil fins to stay clear of decreased airflow.
- Cleaning the outside coil to get rid of any blockage from soil and weeds.
- Inspecting controls to make sure your system is switching on, cooling and shutting down correctly.
- Evaluating the operating temperature parameters to establish your unit has the correct refrigeration charge.
If we uncover troubles that need extra work, we are ready to provide you the most reasonable option. Uncovering possible problems early might solve larger issues down the road. This also offers you time to save if your system is aging.
When you are looking for a modern cooling system, our Experts will partner with you to locate the right model for your budget. We also offer financing to help make your new system more affordable. Regardless of what your cooling needs are, you can have peace of mind knowing our Experts have you covered.
Prepared to book your maintenance? Give us a call at 469-250-0932 or schedule an appointment online now.