Planning regular AC maintenance is worth the effort.
Checkups keep your air conditioning system in Dallas working at its best performance while keeping utility usage small. It also could even help prolong its life span.
While there are several things you can finish alone, you should hire Experts, like the ones at Levy & Son Service Experts, for AC inspections and maintenance.
Here are a couple steps you can do on your own as you prep for summer.
Get Your AC Service Scheduled
Spring is a time of rejuvenation, and to many that entails a hefty amount of house, garage and yard freshening. With the hotter weather right around the corner, it’s also a great idea to add AC service on that checklist.
Spring is the perfect season to get your air conditioning unit scrubbed and inspected. Delaying to turn it on until the first warm day of the summer can be risky. If you have to have repair or replacement, you may be waiting days for a technician. And that might turn awfully uncomfortable.
And for people with allergies, being ahead of the game with a freshened cooling system will help provide the finest indoor air quality while it’s pollen season.
Additionally, air conditioning service may be required for your unit’s manufacturer warranty or any other extended warranty.
Can I Do a Tune-Up on My Own?
There are procedures that you can complete to help keep your AC system in the prime state:
- Replace your air filter. Clogged filters block airflow and could reduce your equipment’s efficiency. While replacement frequency depends on the kind you have, the U.S. Department of Energy suggests each month or two. This is particularly important if you have been diagnosed with allergies or have a cat in your house.
- Lawn work near the outside condenser. Ensure the area is free of grass, weeds or bushes by your AC equipment. We recommend keeping 2–3 feet of open space. You should also remove any leaves or twigs that have dropped into your system, because this may block airflow.
Let the Experts Take Care of the Rest
What’s left to do? If you call Levy & Son Service Experts at 469-250-0932, the first thing we could do is compliment you for all the tasks you’ve already completed. Then our Experts get down to the nitty gritty. We’ll check your system and make sure it’s working like it should with these steps:
- Tightening electrical connections to provide secure comfort.
- Lubrication to keep moving components working smoothly and potentially skip problems.
- Rinsing the condensate drain line to eliminate leak-inducing mold and clogs.
- Fixing coil fins to stop decreased airflow.
- Cleaning the exterior coil to eliminate any blockage from soil and grass.
- Checking controls to make sure your system is turning on, cooling and shutting down correctly.
- Evaluating the operating temperature parameters to establish your equipment has the correct refrigeration charge.
If we find problems that need extra work, we are set to provide you the most reasonable option. Uncovering possible problems early might solve larger troubles down the road. This also provides you time to strategize if your system is getting older.
When you are seeking a modern AC system, our Experts will work with you to locate the right model for your budget. We also offer financing to help make your new system more affordable. Regardless of what your cooling needs are, you can feel good knowing our Experts have you covered.
Need to request your maintenance? Give us a call at 469-250-0932 or schedule an appointment online right away.