Spring is nice for a couple reasons: flowers are blossoming, you can crack windows for crisp air and your power bill is generally at its cheapest. That’s because you’re not using your heat or air.
But as temps begin to increase, so do your energy charges. Here are a few tips for saving energy in Dallas and keeping costs low.
1. Call for Yearly AC Maintenance
Giving your air conditioning system a seasonal maintenance appointment can help it run more efficiently and cut down costs. Changing out your air filter will help keep utility charges less expensive.
If your cooling equipment has seen better days, spring is an excellent time to replace it. The energy-saving technology in updated cooling systems is an obvious advantage for keeping your energy charges down.
2. Start with Your Thermostat
There’s a straightforward way you can save up to 10% on home comfort costs. Just set your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours each day.
Figuring out how to efficiently work your thermostat is the easiest way to cut down on energy bills in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re around at home. Consider it this way, the less significant the difference between outside temperatures and indoor temperatures, the less expensive your cooling cost will be.
- When you’re out and about, set the thermostat to a considerably higher temperature or turn it off. It doesn’t make sense to cool an empty house.
3. Try Other Ways to Cool Your House
You can do a few other approaches to help keep your home at the right temperature:
- Use a ceiling fan—By using a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no loss in comfort. Have your fan move counterclockwise during the summer, which pushes cool air upward. This disperses cool air more uniformly when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds drawn—Sunlight quickly converts to heat as it moves through windows. Keep your home cooler by drawing blinds and curtains when you’re not staying in sunny areas.
4. Look Into Getting a Smart Thermostat
You’ve left home and abruptly realize you failed to turn up the thermostat. Then you think about it the whole day!
Smart thermostats pick up on your routine and correct the temp when you’re out and about to help you save energy and money. You can also set the temperature from anywhere with your phone.
These professional suggestions will all help keep summer energy expenses low. If you conclude it’s time to improve your thermostat or need AC installation online. We’ll help you figure out the correct product for your home. And as always, all our services are protected by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
*Not applicable to the Advantage Program™. See your signed Advantage Program agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.