Spring is enjoyable for a couple reasons: flowers bloom, you can open windows for crisp air and your power bill is generally at its lowest. That’s because you’re not using your heat or air.
But as temps begin to increase, so do your energy charges. Here are some tips for saving energy in Dallas and keeping bills less expensive.
1. Call for Yearly AC Maintenance
Giving your AC system a seasonal maintenance appointment can help it run more efficiently and cut down costs. Changing out your air filter will help keep energy expenses less expensive.
If your cooling equipment has seen better days, spring is a good time to replace it. The energy-saving technology in updated cooling systems is an obvious advantage for keeping your electricity charges down.
2. Start with Your Thermostat
There’s a straightforward way you can save up to 10% on home comfort costs. Just set your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours a day.
Focusing on how to efficiently use your thermostat is the easiest way to cut down on energy charges in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re around at home. Consider it this way, the less significant the difference between outside temperatures and inside temperatures, the less expensive your cooling cost will be.
- When you’re out, set the thermostat to a considerably higher temperature or turn it off. There’s no reason to cool an empty house.
3. Take Advantage of Other Ways to Cool Your Home
You can do a few other approaches to help keep your home at the right temperature:
- Use a ceiling fan—By using a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no reduction in comfort. Have your fan move counterclockwise during the summer, which forces cool air upward. This disperses cool air more uniformly when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds closed—Sunlight quickly transforms into heat as it moves through windows. Keep your home cooler by drawing blinds and curtains when you’re not staying in sunny rooms.
4. Look Into Getting a Smart Thermostat
You’re out of the house and immediately realize you failed to turn up the thermostat. Then you think about it the whole day!
Smart thermostats pick up on your schedule and correct the temp when you’re out to help you save energy and money. You can also set the conditions from anywhere with your phone.
These professional suggestions will all help keep summer energy expenses low. If you think it’s time to improve your thermostat or need AC installation, give our team a call at 469-250-0932 or contact us online. We’ll help you figure out the correct fit for your house. And like always, all our services are protected by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
*Not applicable to the Advantage Program™. See your signed Advantage Program agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.